Terms of service
Thank you for visiting the Plank Industry website at www.plankindustry.com (the Website). Please read and check that you agree with the following terms (the Terms) before you use the Website or purchase anything from us. The Terms are a contract that you enter into with us. We recommend you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
The Website is operated by Andcrafted Limited which trades as Plank Industry. The terms we, us, our and Plank Industry all refer to Andcrafted Limited.
We are an English company with registered number 11827691 and business office address at Unit C1 Leyton Industrial Village, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7QP, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB 297522174.
These Terms are only applicable to our trade customers who have a registered trade account us.
Questions about the Terms should be sent to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us using our contact form and request a call back.
If you would like the Terms in another format (for example: audio or large print) please contact us at email@example.com.
We may contact you by phone, text, email or post using the contact details you have provided to us.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under the Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Terms.
Any new features or tools which are added to the Website will also be subject to the Terms. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of the Terms by posting updates to the Website. You can review the most current version of the Terms at any time on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website or the purchase of products from us following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
The Terms are split into three parts. The first part concerns the purchase of products from us. The second part concerns your use of the Website. The third part concerns general terms which apply to both your purchase of products and your use of the Website.
PART ONE – purchase of products from Plank Industry
If you purchase products from us, you agree to be legally bound by the Terms.
Setting up a Trade Account
We offer trade accounts to companies operating in the interior design and construction industries (Trade Account).
If you wish to apply for a Trade Account you must complete the following form.
We will review your application and if we approve your Trade Account, we will email you (at the email address provided in the application form) with a link to set up your account. We retain full discretion with respect to whether an application for a Trade Account is approved or declined.
You may view your account details and the details of any orders placed by logging into your Trade Account.
If you have consented to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of any of our emails, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask that you are removed from the subscriber list.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit and debit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
Trade Account Discount
Once you are logged into your Trade Account, you will be able to purchase products directly via the Website or by contacting us to request a bespoke order (Bespoke Order).
With a Trade Account you will be entitled to a 20% discount off the product prices. This will automatically apply at checkout when you make a purchase via the Website or will be applied to any Bespoke Order made.
We reserve the right to review your Trade Account every six months. If your annual spend is lower than £1,500, we may, in our sole discretion, decrease the discount level. We will contact you in advance to discuss this if necessary.
Ordering products from us via the Website
This is how a legally binding contract for the purchase of products via the Website (the Online Contract) is made between you and us:
- You place an order on the Website by logging into your Trade Account, adding products to your shopping cart and proceeding to the checkout. Please review and check your order carefully before submitting it for payment. You will be able to correct any errors before submitting your order to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (i.e. when you click to submit payment), we will acknowledge it by email and, in some circumstances, text message. This acknowledgement does not mean that your order has been accepted by us.
- We may contact you via the information you provided to us to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the products are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the products from us;
- we are not allowed to sell the products to you;
- you have ordered too many products; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the products.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm acceptance (the Confirmation Email). At this point the Online Contract is legally binding and we will dispatch the products that you have ordered to you.
We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products that we offer.
Placing a Bespoke Order
This is how a legally binding contract for Bespoke Orders (the Bespoke Contract) is made between you and us:
- To request a Bespoke Order, you must complete the form available here. You will need to provide us with details of your project, the types of products required and volumes and your time scales for delivery.
- One of our team will get in touch with to discuss your requirements and agree the terms of your Bespoke Order.
- We reserve the right to set the final pricing and delivery times for all products.
- We will provide you with an email setting out the terms of your Bespoke Order (Bespoke Order Email). In order to secure your Bespoke Order, we may require payment of a deposit. Payment instructions will be set out in the email to you.
- Following payment of the deposit, the Bespoke Contract is legally binding.
- The despatch of products and the remaining payments will be as agreed between us and set out in the Bespoke Order Email with full payment required on despatch of the products to you].
- If you wish to request products that are outside of our current product range (Custom Products) please contact us using email@example.com.
- We make no commitment to being able to meet any requests to manufacture Custom Products, however if we do we will discuss and agree the relevant terms with you including minimum order quantities, turnaround time, sample fees and deposits.
- Such Custom Products will then be dealt with as a Bespoke Order except that there is no right to cancel an order for Custom Products and there are no refunds for any Custom Products.
Returns and Refunds
Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel the Online Contract or Bespoke Contract within 14 days without giving any reason (the Cancellation Period). You do not have the right to cancel any orders for Custom Products.
The Cancellation Period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire physical possession of the products. This applies regardless of whether you acquire the products directly or indirectly via someone else (apart from our carrier).
To use your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel the Online Contract or Bespoke Contract by a clear statement using firstname.lastname@example.org. An example of this cancellation request is available here. You must tell us that you would like to use your right to cancel before the Cancellation Period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel the Online Contract or Bespoke Contract, we will refund you all payments received from you, including the costs of standard delivery. If you chose a more expensive type of delivery, we will not refund the difference between standard delivery and the more expensive type of delivery.
We may make a deduction from this refund for any reduction in the value of the products we supplied to you if the reduction is due to unnecessary handling by you.
Unless we have advised you otherwise, you are required to return any products received from us following cancellation.
If you’re a UK-based customer and your parcel is under 20kg, simply visit our online returns portal here.
If you are an international customer, or if your parcel is over 20kg, please get in touch using email@example.com.
You must ensure that all products returned to us are well packaged, in the original packaging where possible, so that they arrive in original condition.
We are unable to accept returns on Custom Products.
We will make the refund as soon as possible and not later than 14 days after the day we received the returned products from you.
Unless you have expressly agreed otherwise, we will make the refunds using the same payment method that you used for the initial transaction.
For local deliveries in the UK, we use Royal Mail and DPD to deliver our products. For international deliveries, in most instances DPD will pass this to a partner courier once the parcel lands in the destination country. For information on delivery options and costs, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.
For purchases made via the Website, you will be given available delivery options to choose from during the online checkout process. For Bespoke Orders, we will discuss delivery options with you at the time of agreeing the terms of the Bespoke Order. We reserve the right to deliver any Bespoke Orders or Custom Products in instalments.
The estimated date for delivery of the products is set out in the Confirmation Email or the Bespoke Order Email (as applicable). If something happens which is outside of our control and affects the estimated date of delivery, we will provide you with a revised estimated date for delivery. We will not be liable for failure to deliver caused by an event outside our control or because you failed to provide adequate delivery instructions. If we can’t supply certain products, we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and, if a payment has already been made, refund you for the products we cannot supply.
Delivery will take place at the address specified by you when you placed your order with us and as confirmed in the Confirmation Email or Bespoke Order Email (as applicable).
Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver an Online Order within 30 days of the date of your Confirmation Email, we will let you know, cancel your order and give you a refund.
If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org
You are responsible for the products once they have been delivered to the address specified by you when you placed your order with us. In other words, the risk in the products passes to you when you take, or a third party notified by you takes, possession of the products.
If your shipping address is outside the UK, taxes and duties may apply. We will ship on a Delivered At Place basis, which means that we will cover the cost of your shipment arriving in your destination country but will not cover any taxes or duties. Your local customs authorities will contact you in order to collect a payment and clear the parcel for delivery to you. Note that if you do not make the payment, the parcel may become delayed or returned to the UK.
Fully inclusive shipping can be arranged, please be aware that this will be an additional cost. Contact us on email@example.com if you would like a quote.
If you would like to arrange your own courier to collect the products from us and transport them to your premises, please let us know before placing your order so that we can prepare and hold the products for you.
Please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] if you have any questions about the products that we have provided to you.
Prices and Payment
The prices of the products will be as quoted on the Website at the time you submit your Online Order or as set out in the Bespoke Order.
For customers in the UK, all prices are in pounds sterling (£)(GBP) and include VAT at the applicable rate, but exclude delivery charges.
For customers outside the UK, we may offer the opportunity for payment in the relevant local currency. We are not obliged to offer this facility. If we do so, the relevant cost and taxes will be indicated to such customers prior to check out.
For information on delivery options and costs, visit our Delivery & Returns page.
We sell a large number of products on our Website. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the products on our Website may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the products you have ordered we will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the products at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. If we mistakenly accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may cancel supply of the products and refund you any sums you have paid.
For Online Orders, we accept the following payment methods: American Express, Apple Pay, Diners Club, Discover, Maestro, Mastercard, PayPal, Shop Pay, Visa. For Bespoke Orders, we also accept BACs transfers.
Your payment method will be charged when the products are purchased.
If your payment is not received by us and you have already received products, you must:
- pay for such products as soon as possible and in any case within 14 days; or
- return the products to us as soon as possible and in any case within 30 days. In this situation, you must keep the products in your possession, take reasonable care of them and not use them before you return them to us.
If you do not pay for the products and fail to return them, we may collect the products from you at your expense.
Credit terms with TreviPay
In partnership with TreviPay, we offer you the option to apply for an account with 30 day credit terms here.
Once your application is complete, you will receive email communication from TreviPay about whether your account has been approved and the credit limits available to you.
Further information about TreviPay’s user terms is here.
For further information about the application process or using the account and placing orders with your credit account, please contact email@example.com or call our dedicated trade team on 0203 514 6917.
We offer a 10 year mechanical warranty on all products from the date you receive delivery of the products. We will replace any products found to be defective within this time period with identical (if available) or substantially similar (if not available) products.
The following terms apply:
- Where a product is defective, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of the defect and within 7 days of contacting us either provide us with full details and adequate evidence (in the form of photos or videos) of the defect or return the products for inspection by us. We will cover the cost of returning the items to us by providing you with access to our returns portal to generate a label, or if you are based overseas, by reimbursing your costs by bank transfer.
- We reserve the right to supply alternative products that we deem of a similar or better value or quality where the products claimed under this warranty are obsolete or otherwise unavailable.
- The warranty is a mechanical warranty only and we do not offer a warranty in respect to the finish of the product.
- The warranty will not apply where:
- the product has been incorrectly fitted, maintained or operated, or altered or used in any way other than for its intended use;
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence or abnormal storage or working conditions; or
- the products differ from their description or specification as a result of changes made to ensure they comply with applicable statutory or regulatory requirements
- We reserve the right to recover any costs we incur if a claim is made under the warranty and it is found to be false.
- These Terms also apply to any repaired or replacement products supplied by us to you.
- The warranty shall continue, for remainder of the period of 10 years, to apply to any product supplied as a replacement under this warranty.
If your products are faulty, please contact us using email@example.com.
The terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from these Terms.
Modification of the products
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations.
All descriptions of products including product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice. We reserve the right to amend the specification of products if required by any applicable statutory or regulatory requirements. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time.
The packaging of the products may be different from that shown on the Website.
The images of the products on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. We have made every effort to display the colours and images of our products that appear on the Website as accurately as possible. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any colour will be accurate. Consequently, your product may vary slightly from those images.
If we cannot supply certain products, we may need to substitute them with alternative products of equal or better standard and value. In this case:
- we will let you know if we intend to do this but this may not always be possible; and
- you can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
End of the Contract for supply of products
If the Online Contract or the Bespoke Contract (as applicable) is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under that Online Contract or Bespoke Contract (as applicable).
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the end of the Online Contract or Bespoke Contract (as applicable) shall survive the termination of these Terms for all purposes.
These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. Any such termination will only be effective once all products ordered have been paid for by you.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms, we also may terminate these Terms at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to the Website (or any part thereof).
PART TWO - Your use of the Website
Your Trade Account details
You must keep your Trade Account details safe including your user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures. You must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of the Terms.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Our intellectual property rights
We own or licence all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it including the original designs that we offer for sale. Those works are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws such as registered and unregistered design right and equivalent rights are available in many countries around the world. All such rights are reserved. A full record of our registered designs in the UK and EU is available on request.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged (except where the content is user-generated).
You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this Website
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date. We are not responsible if information made available on the Website is not accurate, complete or current. The material on the Website is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on the Website is at your own risk.
The Website may contain certain historical information. This information is not necessarily current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of the Website at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on the Website. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the Website.
The images of the products on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear on the Website. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any colour will be accurate. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
Your use of the Website
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software. We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. We are not responsible for any viruses on the Website.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
We are not responsible for websites that we link to
Where the Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
Linking to the Website
- You may link to the home page and product pages of the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement from us where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to the Website in any website that is not owned by you other than to your social media accounts.
- The Website must not be framed on any other website without our prior written permission.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact [email@example.com].
Comments, feedback and other submissions
We currently do not operate a comment function, chat room or provide users with the opportunity to otherwise upload content on the Website. If that changes in the future, the Terms will be updated. In any event, we take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third party.
If you send certain specific submissions to us such as contest entries or, without a request from us, you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, comments), you agree that:
- we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use the comments in any medium; and
- we are under no obligation to (1) keep the comments confidential, (2) pay compensation for the comments, or (3) respond to the comments.
Errors, inaccuracies and omissions
Occasionally there may be information on the Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We have no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on the Website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied on the Website, should be taken to indicate that all information on the Website or on any related website has been modified or updated.
You are prohibited from using the Website or its content for any of the following uses:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- to infringe our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate anyone;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Website, other websites, or the Internet;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- for any obscene or immoral purpose; or
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Website or any other websites, or the Internet.
We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Disclaimer of warranties
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that any search results that may be obtained from the Website will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the Website for indefinite periods of time or cease to operate the Website at any time, without notice to you.
PART THREE – General terms
- The headings used in these Terms are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect the Terms.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide our products or services to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You agree that you are over 18.
- The Terms are only available in English. No other languages apply to the Terms.
- Any breach of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of the Terms.
Your privacy and personal information
- Your payment information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Unless you make a Bespoke Order or purchase Custom Products, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
Where you make a Bespoke Order or purchase Custom Products, these Terms along with the terms of any Bespoke Order or order relating to Custom Products set out in a Bespoke Order Email or as otherwise agreed between us, constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
Each party agrees that it shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in the Terms.
Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in the Terms.
No failure or delay by either you or us to exercise any right or remedy provided under the Terms or by law will constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, or prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
Nothing in the Terms is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish between you and us: (i) any partnership or joint venture; (ii) any agency relationship; or (iii) any other contractual commitment beyond those expressly identified in the Terms.
If any provision of the Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Terms.
Third party rights
No one other than you or us has any right to enforce the Terms or any part of the Terms.
Our social media policy is available here
We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
If you are unhappy with the products, our service to you, or any other matter please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] as soon as possible.
If it is not possible to resolve this dispute with you directly, we will:
- let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- give you certain information required about alternative dispute resolution.
The laws of England and Wales will apply to the Terms. The court of England and Wales has exclusive jurisdiction in relation to the Terms.
Last updated on 28 October 2021.