We love seeing photos of the industry projects you tag us in and, sometimes, we'll request permission to re-share your imagery. Please continue reading to understand our process.
Our social media accounts
Plank Hardware operates the following social media accounts:
- Instagram: @plankhardware
- Facebook: @PLANKHARDWARE
- Pinterest: Plank Hardware
- TikTok: @plankhardware
- Twitter: @plankhardware
- LinkedIn: @plankhardware
Your creative uses of Plank products
You may be one of our happy trade customers who enjoys sharing photographs, videos and other media to show the exciting ways in which you have used Plank Hardware products (the Content).
Our request to use your Content
If we like the Content, we may reach out to you via one or more of the above social media pages to ask if we can feature and reshare the Content.
If you are happy for us to use the Content, the process is as follows:
- You will receive a reply or message from one of the Plank Hardware social media accounts, asking you for permission to share the Content.
- If you are happy for us to share the Content, please reply with #YesPleasePlank.
- If you don’t want us to use the Content, you can just ignore our request.
In particular, you agree that:
- We can use the Content together with your social media account name.
- We may use the Content on the Plank Hardware website (www.plankhardware.com) and the Plank Industry website (www.plankindustry.com), Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and any future social media accounts.
- We may share the Content with our retail partners including, but not limited to, Swoon Editions and MADE.com.
- Our retail partners will be permitted to use the Content for their channels, in the same ways we have outlined above.
- We can edit and modify the Content provided that we do not treat the Content in a derogatory manner.
- Any permission you have given us to use your Content will continue to apply if our corporate structure or ownership changes. However, you always have the opportunity to write to us to withdraw your permission if you change your mind.
- You have the permission of everyone who appears in the Content.
- You own the Content (usually this means that you took the photograph, video or similar).
- The Content does not infringe anyone else’s rights.
- You are at least 18.
If any of these points does not apply, please do not reply to our message. If you are unsure whether or not you have permission, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you find out.
Changing your mind
If you or anyone else who might have the right to do so asks us to remove the Content, we will remove the Content as soon as possible. This usually means within 24 hours.
It is important that you understand that even though we may remove the Content, other users of these social media platforms can also share and make use of the Content once posted. In order to remove the possibility of this sort of risk arising, it is important to only give us permission to use the Content if you can agree to each of the points set out in this policy.
Reporting issues with our social media content
If you believe that any media that we have used on our webpages or social media accounts is inappropriate, offensive or infringes someone else’s trade mark, copyright or other rights please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com with: (1) a link to the social media account or webpage and (2) the reasons why you think it is problematic.
Linking to our website
You may link to the Plank Hardware website (www.plankhardware.com), or Plank Industry website (www.plankindustry.com), as long as you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation.
Please do not link to us in a way that suggests any form of approval or endorsement by us or an agreement between you and us where none exists.